Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Colonial Living History



Civil War living history "reenacting" has no shortage of events, websites, photographs, and connections. But, stepping back in time to the 1700's for "Colonial" events narrows the field to the point that I felt it necessary to start my own blog for the purpose of gathering the information I need to make my remaining living history years more complete. I definitely have a strong Civil War connection, growing up in eastern/central Virginia. That I will never lose. But, my desire to learn more about our founding fathers, their families, lifestyles, and hardships have moved me to the Colonial Militia, Seven-years War (French & Indian), and Revolutionary War. One of the driving factors has to be my love for the creative arts. Not painting, but wood, leather, buckskin, horns, firearms, and anything else made by hand without the use of modern tools or equipment. That's right, I try to learn history by making and using the basic essentials found during our country's early development. It will take a while for this blog to gather information, and establish contacts, but in the mean time, I'll share my travels and photos to help make this blog more enjoyable to those of you who share my interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment